I'm scheduled for a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I get to drink that really yummy sugary (JK) drink to check for gestational diabetes (lucky me) :~)
UPDATE: The doctor's appointment went great! Still measuring right on :~) The sugary drink wasn't too bad but waiting for an hour wasn't very fun. Now I'm going every 2 weeks...eeeek. The heart rate was 142. As far as the position of the baby, its little head is down and little butt is near my ribs which explains all the movement I've been feeling. Next appointment is scheduled on the 22nd. We have our day long child birthing class tomorrow so we'll be learning lots and hopefully be able to get a tour of the hospital. I'm excited to celebrate my first Mother's Day!
I've been feeling great and I have no symptoms of having this so I'm sure everything is going to be fine. This little one has really found a cozy place up near my ribs. Feeling it turn and move around is just amazing. I still can't believe that I have a little baby growing inside of me. I'm getting so excited! I've been trying to guess which body part I'm feeling so I'm going to ask my Dr. if he can tell me tomorrow :~) This pregnancy has just been so amazing...Thanks for all of your prayers!
Here's what's happening with our baby:
Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

5 comments:
Can't wait to hear about your appt!! What has the heartrate been?
I thought the sugary drink tasted like kool-aid. Have fun at your class tomorrow....we are doing the same exact thing. Hope it is fun and not too tramatic for the husbands:)
I thought the sugary drink tasted like kool-aid. Have fun at your class tomorrow....we are doing the same exact thing. Hope it is fun and not too tramatic for the husbands:)
So glad things are going so well!! Hope you survive the day long class =) Happy first Mothers day to you sweet friend!!!
Yay! I love reading your blog and keeping up w/ the progress.
Post a Comment