Monday, February 2, 2009

Holy Guacamole! (16 Weeks)



Wow I can't believe I'm already here. I'm feeling fantastic and I'm feeling lots of little movements from the baby. I can't wait until Wayne can feel what I'm feeling. Our next appointment is next Tuesday and I can't wait to hear the little heartbeat again. Thanks again for all of your prayers. This has been an amazing pregnancy filled with lots of joy!!!

Here's what's going on with little Nowacki:


Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avacado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

1 comment:

Keri said...

You dont look like you've been eating as many cookies as me! I need a little self-control--pass it along please:)

Have you gotten anything for the nursery yet? Are you as overwhelmed by the sheer number of "things" that you never knew existed? Babies R Us is a crazy store.