Saturday, September 26, 2009

Birth Story + Birth Announcement




I know so many of you have asked for this so here's a little snippit of her birth and a handmade announcement by her daddy :)

Audrey was a week late. I'll have stories to tell her when she gets older. She had me overdue in the hottest time of Oregon's history :) I tried going through this naturally without drugs but after getting to 6cm I asked for the epidural..I dilated to 9.5 in 15 minutes after wards. It's a good thing I had the epidural because I had to push for almost an hour. The umbilical cord was super tight around her neck so I would push and nothing would happen. As soon as her little head came out the Dr. cut the cord right away and then I delivered the rest of the her. She of course was gray and not breathing :( Scary times. They didn't want her to cry since there was meconium in my water so the NICU team was there just in case. They suctioned a little bit of stuff out and put a oxygen max on her and she was good to go. I had my own issues to deal with..more blood loss than average. So you know when they press on your tummy to make sure everything is out..they had to do that like every 15 minutes..ouchie :( But it was all worth it and they don't call it labor for nothing. God was truly present in that delivery room. She's such an easy and adorable baby! We truly are blessed.

3 comments:

Keri said...

What a cute announement!!!

Kendra said...

Beautiful! I LOVE the announcement!!! Tell Wayne he did a great job!!!!!!

R. said...

Your baby is beautiful.

Just a note, it's not that uncommon for babies to have the cord around their necks, and babies don't come out breathing. The cord can be slipped off and then wait for the baby to "pink up" before cutting it. It helps a lot if mom is in an upright position to push, but that's impossible with an epidural, of course.