Wednesday, July 29, 2009

HeatWave 40+ weeks Pregnant

Well I'm sure going to have some stories to share with our little one. We're setting record temperatures here in Oregon and this little one really is just quite comfy and cozy and not ready to come out. From the beginning I said I want this baby to stay in as long as it needs to and I don't want to induce for social convenience. So after our Dr's appointment yesterday (3cm 75% effaced). We're just waiting on baby to drop. So, we decided that if baby isn't here by Friday we will be checking into the hospital at 6am Friday morning. The Dr. checked the fluid levels to make sure everything looks good and it's excellent. It was fun to see our baby on screen again...what little chubby cheeks it has. Can't wait to post pics...soon!!!

We had a trial run at the hospital last night so that was fun :~0 I started having contractions that were happening about every 5 minutes...not too painful but enough to make me wonder what was going on. So off to the hospital we went. We arrived at 11pm and was still at 3cm so they had us walk around for 2 hours to see if anything would change. What a trooper of a husband I have. After 2 hours nothing changed so they sent us home at 2am. At least now we know what to expect.

Please be praying that I don't need to be induced

2 comments:

Maddy said...

i found you on one of the other blogs i hope you dont mind me commenting on your blog. Sorry about that.

Kendra said...

Bless your heart. It's like 117 degrees here in our state, and we are just not used to it!!
I am praying that baby turns head down and that your water breaks WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS!! I am praying so hard you don't need to be induced!!!!!