Thursday, July 9, 2009

Baby Nowack is making progress...38 weeks


We had a great Dr's appointment. My OB was out on vacation so I saw someone else. Thankfully I've seen this gal before so it wasn't a big deal. I'm already 1cm dialated and 25% effaced. I would be okay if he/she decided to show up a little early. I'm feeling great and I can't wait to see our little baby that we've' been praying a long time for!! EEEEEKKK. We have our maternity photo scheduled for tomorrow morning so we're looking forward to that. Here's what's going on with our baby and a new photo:

Your baby has really plumped up. He/She weighs about 6.8 pounds and he/she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). He/She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold his/her hand for the first time! His/Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If he/she is born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If he/she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time he/she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

No comments: