Thursday, June 11, 2009

34 weeks...Woah Baby!


Wow all I can say is that we have a very active baby. He/She is constantly moving around and just loves kicking me in my ribs. It's such an amazing feeling. Right now he/she has both legs and knees right under my rib cage and is squirming around. We're so thankful for a healthy baby. He/She is certainly enjoying the environment and can't wait to come out and play. I'm feeling great. Here's what's going on with Baby Nowacki and a belly photo:

Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which she'll need to regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

3 comments:

Robin said...

You look great Ju! Not much longer til you get to see her :) Yes, I voted girl.

Keri said...

Getting any sleep? I'm tired! You look great. I can't believe babies come NEXT month!

Keri said...

We ARE so close! I'm not sure which diaper we will go with...I've heard a ton about how you should try different diapers out first before buying a huge stash..have you heard of the trial on jilliansdraws.com? I think we will try that because you send back any diaper you dont like and it only costs $10. So far, we have bum genius (because I found them on sale), fuzzi bunz, prefolds and thirsties covers. So basically, I have no idea. I just hope it isnt a complete diaster! What made you decide on the brands you chose? thebump.com has an eco-friendly forum that has a ton of ladies that are experts on this whole cloth diaper thing if you have any questions.