Thursday, May 28, 2009

8 months (8 weeks left)


I know I've been completely slacking on writing on my blog so for those who read my blog I apologize. It hasn't been too exciting lately. I guess I figured I probably won't have much time once the baby is here so I might as well not have any expectations from people to keep this up. I do however post all my pics on facebook so if we're not friends...send me a comment and we can get connected that way...I'm also great with email ;~)

This week I've started to experience the wonderful joys of minor heart burn and indigestion but I heard that just comes with the territory :~) This baby seems like it's awake more than it's asleep. It's quite the active little one...we're so thankful for a healthy baby! Wayne is making great progress on the nursery and you can see a sneak preview in this months baby bump photo.

Here's what's going on with our baby bug:

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey missy! i'd like to be added through facebook! :o)

your belly's getting big!! i love it!

xoxo
pam

Kendra said...

Looking good Jules!!!!!!!! I can't believe how soon that little miracle will be here!!!! Can't wait to see the nursery =)

Bonnie said...

I was going through the Praise blog on Kelly's Korner & thought I would check in with you. You look fantastic! I found out last month that I am pregnant after 2 1/2 years of trying & we are just starting this journey. I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow & I'm so nervous! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes great & God Bless!
Bonnie