Thursday, March 5, 2009

20 Weeks (1/2 Way There)

Wow I still can't believe we're already half way through this pregnancy. I have been feeling so much of this baby that I'm sure we have a little runner or dancer on the way :~) This has been such a joyous experience. I want to thank everyone for their prayers. We feel so blessed to know that this child is being prayed over by so many. We're so looking forward to our Portland get-away this weekend. We're going to have fun with friends, family and going to a Chris Tomlin & Israel Hougton concert. Our BIG ultrasound is scheduled for Monday. I say BIG because even though we aren't wanting to find out the sex we're so excited to see our little one on screen again. The last time we saw it we were only 8 weeks along. So I'll keep you posted and will be posting pictures of baby Nowacki soon :)

Here's what's going on with the baby:

When you are 20 weeks pregnant, your baby measures about 5.6 to 6.4 inches and weighs about 9 ounces. It's amazing -- your baby can do so many things, but he or she is not yet 1 pound!
Your baby can hear sounds now, and it will cover its ears with its hands if a loud sound is made near you or "jump" if it is startled. Your baby will also be moving a lot -- twisting, turning, punching, and kicking. You still may not feel this movement, or it may feel just like butterflies or stomach rumblings.

4 comments:

tara said...

hi julie! love your new belly pic. you look like your carrying very high? i carried very low with my son greyson. our little girl seems to be higher so far....
have a blast at the chris tomlin concert, so jealous!
we are having a sono on monday too, for 20 week measurements.

Keri said...

Wow, you only have a couple more days. I have my sono on Wednesday. It seems like a month away. Enjoy watching your little one!

Kendra said...

YEA for meeting with friends this weekend =)
See you tomorrow!!!!

Lindsay said...

Hi! I found you through the prayer site and wanted to say congratulations! I'm due in July, too - and have our ultrasound on Wednesday! It's fun to know other people who are at the same stage as you are!

Nice to "meet" you!